ALMA, KS – Christ Prep shut out their third straight opponent and ran their record to 2-0 with another stellar performance against Wabaunsee Friday night with a final score of 41-0. The Patriots dominated the Chargers and jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first quarter and were led by freshman sensation Sway Jenkins who rushed for 102 yards on 15 carriers and a touchdown. He also took a swing pass from quarterback Noah Blair 29 yards for another score.
The Patriot defense, led by Daniel Hund and Connor Hurley, tackled the Chargers for a loss 10 times during the contest which was delayed for 10 minutes just after the 2nd half kickoff because the stadium lost power.
CPA totaled 365 yards of offense whereas the Chargers only managed 2 first downs and never penetrated into Patriot territory and only managed 25 yards.
Micah Krause scored on an 11 yard run on the Patriots first possession after Hund stripped the Chargers and Josiah Gerard recovered. Things never got much better for the Wabaunsee faithful. Blair finished off the first half scoring with a 1 yard sneak to give CPA a 27-0 lead.
Grant Stamatis scored in the third quarter and then Luke Sato took the only carry of his career for a 37 yard score to close out the scoring.
Grant Gilkeson went 5-5 on extra points.
- The three shutouts in a row dates back to the final game in Florida last season. CPA owns 123-0 scoring advantage in those three games.
- 12 different players carried the ball for Christ Prep
- Stamatis intercepted a pass for the 5th time in his career placing him 6th on the all-time list.
- Hurley is now 2nd all-time in tackles for loss with 25 trailing Will Cook with 28.5
- Coach Hurley on what was the key, “The offensive line. They did their job now we need the other guys to do theirs.”